Mr. Mohammed Sohail (Chief Executive Officer)
- Mr. Sohail has almost 25 years of experience of Pakistan’s capital market, research and broking.
- Awarded ‘Best Analyst’ for two years (2003 and 2004) from the CFA Association. He was the first analyst in Pakistan to get this award.
- For the first time in Pakistan, Asiamoney awarded Mr. Mohammed Sohail the title of ‘Best Salesperson’ in Pakistan in its Brokers Poll for 9 consecutive years (2011-2019).
- Mr. Sohail is a Certified Director of Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance (PICG).
- Mr. Sohail has been elected as Director of Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX), Director of Central Depository Company of Pakistan, Director of PMEX (Pakistan’s only commodity exchange) and Director of rating agency JCR-VIS.
- Mr. Sohail was also a member of Divestment Committee formed by SECP for the strategic sale of PSX’s shares.
- Mr. Sohail was Chairman of New Product & Market Development Committee of PSX
- Mr. Sohail has served on different committees formed by the SECP, PSX and SBP.
- Mr. Sohail has attended Technical Assistance Program arranged by US SEC in Washington in 2015.
- Mr. Sohail has attended the International Program on Securities Market Professionals arranged by BSE institute and South Asian Federation of Exchanges (SAFE) in Mumbai in 2015.
- Mr. Sohail was a visiting faculty at Institute of Business Administration (IBA).
- Mr. Sohail is a Member of Board of Studies for Accounting and Finance at College of Business Management (CBM).
Mr. Omar Salah Ahmed (Head of Corporate Finance)
- Mr. Ahmed holds over 19 years of international investment experience including
- Managing Partner Eminova Capital Group – Singapore
- Chief Investment Officer Foras International Investment Company – Saudi Arabia
- Head of Corporate Finance Elixir Securities Pakistan – Karachi
- Prior to that he has been associated with Alfalah Securities, BMA Capital, KPMG Taseer, Hadi, Khalid & Co & AMZ Securities.
- Some of his landmark transactions include
- Privatization of Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited
- Privatization of Pakistan Steel Mills Corporation (Buy Side)
- Privatization of Pak-American Fertilizers Limited (Buy Side)
- Privatization of National Refinery Limited (Buy Side)
- Privatization of Karachi Electricity Supply Corporation (Buy Side)
- Equity listing of Attock Cement Company Limited
- Advisory for Shares buy-back of Parke, Davis & Company Limited
- Advisory for Shares buy-back of Elite Textile Mills Limited
- Advisory & Equity Raising for Swede Bus Pakistan Limited
- Development and fund raising of a Bio and Nano Tech fund out of Russia
- Development and fund raising for a Infrastructure Private Equity Fund
- Fund raising for West Africa Rice in Senegal
- Divestment of sponsors from an on-line travel platform
- TFC issue of Escorts Investment Bank Limited (PKR 500 million)
- Commercial Paper issue of Mobilink (Debt Issue)
- Commercial Paper issue of Crescent Steel & Allied Products Ltd.
- TeleCard Limited (Debt & Equity Issue)
- Omar is a part-qualified Chartered Certified Accountant and has attended courses at London School of Economics
Mr. Syed Atif Zafar, CFA (Chief Economist and Director Research)
- Mr. Syed Atif Zafar, CFA is a seasoned investment professional with over eleven years of diverse experience in Investment Valuation, Analysis,Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance and Leadership.
- Previously he was with JS Global Capital where he headed their Research team and later their Corporate Sales desk.
- He has been voted as the Best Strategist – Pakistan by Asiamoney in Brokers Poll 2019, along with Best Analyst in other sectors. He has also won the Best Equity Analyst – Runner Up by CFA Pakistan.
- Mr. Zafar has been instrumental in attracting Foreign Portfolio and Direct Investments into Pakistan, through spearheading several road shows and conferences in the US, UK, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- He has extensively covered Pakistan Economy and Strategy along with key sectors like Energy, Cements, Fertilizers, Autos, Textiles.
Ms. Samar Iqbal (Head of Foreign Institution Sales Trading)
- Ms. Samar Iqbal has over 15 years of experience in Equity Sales.
- She has been awarded Best Equity Trader for four consecutive years (2014-2017) by Asiamoney.
- During her service, Topline won the prestigious Best Equity Brokerage House award by CFA Society Pakistan in 2015 and 2016.
- Previously she has worked at Eastern Capital, KASB Direct and JS Global in various capacities as a senior Trader.
- She has developed a highly diversified experience under the capital market umbrella. Prominent areas of experience include; equities research, portfolio management, commodities and money market.
- She is a Certified Quality Professional from Pakistan Institute of Quality Certification and MBA Finance.
Mr. Khalid Mehmood (Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary)
- Mr. Khalid Mehmood has over 14 years of working experience in Pakistan market.He has very good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Corporate Laws, Secretarial Practices, Prudential Regulations, NBFC Rules & Regulations, PSX Regulations and Taxation matters of the companies. He is also on the Board of Directors of the company and has been key player in revamping and process re engineering of the various existing functions of the company including Finance, Administration, Human Resource Management and Settlement operations to achieve highest service standards at par best industry practices.
- Previously he was associated with Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Securities, Heading the branch Office at Pakistan Stock Exchange in the capacity of Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary and supervising operations department, dealing with Stock Exchange, NCCPL, CDC and SRB. He was also managing the treasury and portfolio of the Company to maximize shareholders’ Profit.
- He is a commerce graduate and members of the following regulatory/accounting bodies of Pakistan;
- The Institute of Financial Markets of Pakistan(IFMP)
- The Institute of Corporate Secretaries of Pakistan(ICSP)
- The Institute of Public Finance Accountants of Pakistan(PIPFA)
- He is alsoaffiliate with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan and at the final stage of his Masters in Business Administration from SZABIST. In past he was associated with Riaz Ahmad &Company, Chartered Accountants, a member firm of Nexia International.