Mr. Mohammed Sohail (Chief Executive Officer)
- Mr. Sohail has almost 24 years of experience of Pakistan’s capital market, research and broking.
- Awarded ‘Best Analyst’ for two years (2003 and 2004) from the CFA Association. He was the first analyst in Pakistan to get this award.
- For the first time in Pakistan, Asiamoney awarded Mr. Mohammed Sohail the title of ‘Best Salesperson’ in Pakistan in its Brokers Poll for 7 consecutive years (2011-2017).
- Mr. Sohail is a Certified Director of Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance (PICG).
- Mr. Sohail has been elected as Director of Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX), Director of Central Depository Company of Pakistan, Director of PMEX (Pakistan’s only commodity exchange) and Director of rating agency JCR-VIS.
- Mr. Sohail was also a member of Divestment Committee formed by SECP for the strategic sale of PSX’s shares.
- Mr. Sohail was Chairman of New Product & Market Development Committee of PSX
- Mr. Sohail has served on different committees formed by the SECP, PSX and SBP.
- Mr. Sohail has attended Technical Assistance Program arranged by US SEC in Washington in 2015.
- Mr. Sohail has attended the International Program on Securities Market Professionals arranged by BSE institute and South Asian Federation of Exchanges (SAFE) in Mumbai in 2015.
- Mr. Sohail was a visiting faculty at Institute of Business Administration (IBA).
- Mr. Sohail is a Member of Board of Studies for Accounting and Finance at College of Business Management (CBM).
Mr. Omar Salah Ahmed (Head of Corporate Finance)
- Mr. Ahmed holds over 17 years of international investment experience including
- Managing Partner Eminova Capital Group – Singapore
- Chief Investment Officer Foras International Investment Company – Saudi Arabia
- Head of Corporate Finance Elixir Securities Pakistan – Karachi
- Prior to that he has been associated with Alfalah Securities, BMA Capital, KPMG Taseer, Hadi, Khalid & Co & AMZ Securities.
- Some of his landmark transactions include
- Privatization of Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited
- Privatization of Pakistan Steel Mills Corporation (Buy Side)
- Privatization of Pak-American Fertilizers Limited (Buy Side)
- Privatization of National Refinery Limited (Buy Side)
- Privatization of Karachi Electricity Supply Corporation (Buy Side)
- Equity listing of Attock Cement Company Limited
- Advisory for Shares buy-back of Parke, Davis & Company Limited
- Advisory for Shares buy-back of Elite Textile Mills Limited
- Advisory & Equity Raising for Swede Bus Pakistan Limited
- Development and fund raising of a Bio and Nano Tech fund out of Russia
- Development and fund raising for a Infrastructure Private Equity Fund
- Fund raising for West Africa Rice in Senegal
- Divestment of sponsors from an on-line travel platform
- TFC issue of Escorts Investment Bank Limited (PKR 500 million)
- Commercial Paper issue of Mobilink (Debt Issue)
- Commercial Paper issue of Crescent Steel & Allied Products Ltd.
- TeleCard Limited (Debt & Equity Issue)
- Omar is a part-qualified Chartered Certified Accountant and has attended courses at London School of Economics
Mr. Saad Hashemy (Chief Economist & Director Research)
- Saad has 18 years of local and international experience in financial markets.
- Mr. Hashemy’s research on Strategy and Macroeconomics was awarded as the ‘Best Research Coverage’ in Asiamoney Brokers Poll 2017
- Previously, he worked as Chief Economist at Allied Bank, the fifth largest commercial bank in Pakistan.
- He also oversaw Allied Bank’s equity portfolio of PKR40 billion (USD 400 million), which is one of the largest equity portfolios among all commercial banks in Pakistan.
- Prior to Allied Bank, Saad worked as an Economist/ Head of Research at United Bank, the third largest commercial bank in Pakistan. Prior to banking, Saad held Head of Research/ Senior Analyst positions at leading buy-side and sell-side firms for over 10 years.
- Saad has completed his undergraduate in Economics from London School of Economics and he has a Master of Business Administration from Olin School of Business at Washington University, USA.
- He has attended local and international training sessions on financial markets.
- Mr. Saad was a visiting faculty at Institute of Business Administration, Karachi.
- He has also conducted training sessions on financial markets at prestigious institutions like Institute of Bankers Pakistan.
Ms. Samar Iqbal (Head of Foreign Institution Sales Trading)
- Ms. Samar Iqbal has over 15 years of experience in Equity Sales.
- She has been awarded Best Equity Trader for four consecutive years (2014-2017) by Asiamoney.
- During her service, Topline won the prestigious Best Equity Brokerage House award by CFA Society Pakistan in 2015 and 2016.
- Previously she has worked at Eastern Capital, KASB Direct and JS Global in various capacities as a senior Trader.
- She has developed a highly diversified experience under the capital market umbrella. Prominent areas of experience include; equities research, portfolio management, commodities and money market.
- She is a Certified Quality Professional from Pakistan Institute of Quality Certification and MBA Finance.
Mr. Muhammad Rizwan Khan (Head of Local Institutional Sales)
- Mr. Rizwan has over 12 years of working experience in Pakistan market .
- Prior to joining Topline Securities, he worked with ORIX Investment Bank from 2005 to 2009.
- He holds a MBA degree from KASBIT, Karachi.
Mr. Khalid Mehmood (Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary)
- Mr. Khalid Mehmood has over 14 years of working experience in Pakistan market..
- Mr. Khalid Mehmood is a commerce graduate and C.A. affiliated . He joined Topline in November 23, 2009 as a Manager Finance. He was promoted by the management to the designation of Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary on March 22, 2010.
- Prior to joining Topline, he was associated with Riaz Ahmad & Company, Chartered Accountants, a member firm of Nexia International.
- Mr.Khalid Mehmood is a member of Institute of Capital Market, Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountant and the Institute of Corporate Secretaries of Pakistan. He has very good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Corporate Laws, Secretarial Practices, Prudential Regulations, NBFC Rules & Regulations, KSE Regulations and Taxation matters of the companies.